Boat Handling Class begins Tuesday Evening, 22 Feb'22. It is intended for newer recreational boaters who have completed a basic boating class (like America’s Boating Course) and want to learn more about skilled boat handling in a variety of situations. It is offered as a complete course covering six topics:
(1) Rules of the Road: A Practical Approach,
(2) Confidence in Docking and Undocking: Slow-Speed Maneuvering,
(3) Boating with Confidence: Handling Your Boat Underway,
(4) Anchoring with Assurance: Don’t Get Carried Away,
(5) Emergencies on Board: Preparation for Handling Common Problems, and
(6) Knots and Line Handling: The Knots You Need to Know.
This course is hosted by Halifax Yacht Club and will consist of six to eight classes held on Tuesday evenings from 7 to 9 PM.
The text book is either electronic e-book, or the paper text is available if ordered early enough. Costs for text are $69.12 with tax, members $63,26.
A second text is required: USCG Navigation Rules and Regulations, COMDTINST M16672, (Rules of the Road) a printed copy costs $12.50. It can be purchased with your text, or individually. It can be downloaded free at the USCG Navcen.
POC for registration is: Don Roman, ph 386-453-6456, firstname.lastname@example.org or email: email@example.com